1/2 cup All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
1 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
1/2 cup Water
1 cup Almond Flour
6 Jalapeno Pepper (sliced in half lengthwise, seeds removed)
3 ozs Mozzarella Cheese (shredded) OR Plant based mozzarella!
2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt OR Plant based yogurt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tbsps Chives (chopped)
1. Preheat the air fryer to 370°F (190°C).
2. In a bowl, combine the gluten-free flour with half of the salt and water and whisk until a thick pancake-like batter has formed. Add more water if necessary, one tablespoon at a time. Add the almond flour to a separate bowl.
3. Stuff each of the jalapeño halves with the mozzarella. One at a time, dip them into the batter to completely coat and then dip into the almond flour until completely coated. Set on a plate and repeat this process with each jalapeño half.
4. Brush both sides of the coated jalapeños with the oil and carefully transfer to the air fryer. Cook for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until browned and crispy.
5. Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, remaining salt, garlic powder, and chives in a bowl and mix well.
6. Serve the jalapeño poppers with the yogurt dip and enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving Size: One serving is equal to three jalapeno poppers. (P:15g / C:26g / F:25 & Fiber: 7g)
Make it Vegan: Use dairy-free cheese and yogurt instead.